Be All You Can Be Now
I walked through life entirely oblivious to everything around me,
Believing I was living my best life,
Ditching classes and flunking tests,
All for a moment of fun,
A doctor, a lawyer, an engineer was what everyone around me wanted to be,
Of course, why not let us go ahead and do that,
My parents were already calling me their little doctor,
If only they knew how terrible my science grades were,
Oh! My love for the arts, music, and dance,
All buried deep down so I could fit in with the crowd,
"It'll take you nowhere, 'You can do better than that"
They always said to those who expressed their love for it,
Now, final exams are fast approaching,
The time when my fate would be decided,
I sit on my bed alone in the lonely room;
My heart racing, my mind wandering
Brooding over and over again
But I couldn't figure it out,
My thought going back and forth
Afraid of what the future holds,
Thinking of the next thing to do,
And then Eureka! It came to me
I have found my answer,
Who cares what other people think? Who cares what they want?
I can be all I want to be
I can be the great person I've always dreamt about,
I started right away
Leaving no stone unturned,
Removing the limitation I've built in my heart
The picture became clear,
I know now what the future holds,
It might not be here now
But surely it will come,
I've come to realize that
My future is in my hands
I can be all I want to be now.
Comments
Post a Comment